Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Black Bean Soup for Morons

I am not a good cook. I am an excellent food critic and known food snob, but I can barely make noodles. Hence, when I can prepare something from scratch that I don't burn, boil, or destroy; I like to pass it along. This is a gem I got from the internet that I modified because I'm awesome.

Ingrediants

1/2 medium diced onion
1/2 c. chopped celery
1 c. chicken broth
1 tsp diced garlic
2 (15 oz.) Cans Black Beans
1/2 tsp. Cummin
1 tbs Crazy Jane's Seasoning Salt
3 tbs Olive Oil
1 c. corn

Step 1: Heat your olive oil. Throw diced onion, garlic, and celery together in pan. Saute until onions are transparent and eyes are watering.

Step 2: Combine veggies with rinsed beans, spices, and chicken broth in a soup pot. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Add cup of corn and let warm up.

Step 3: Take less than half of soup and throw into a blender. Puree until creamy.

Step 4: Throw pureed soup back into pot and heat for another 5 minutes on low. Stir occassionaly while listening to Ray Lamontagne.

Step 5: Eat up! I garnished mine with sour cream, slices of avocado, and Frito chips. Mine was less watery than some might desire. If you want a watery soup, add more chicken broth.




No comments:

Post a Comment