Monday, May 9, 2011

From Light to Dark

When I started my education in 2006, I had no idea there would be so few opportunities in 2011. I've been avoiding reading the newspapers for months now because I prefer to remain oblivious to the job crisis. However, this morning the front page was all about the budget cuts for schools. 


I read the article. Mistake. 
Every surrounding school system is making huge cuts. It's across the country, but it's no less unsettling. I applied to a school on Friday and read in this article that the school I applied to is not only cutting X amount of jobs, but they are also not hiring anymore faculty for the 2012 school year.


What the what?! 


However, I can't worry about this. Or that. If I start thinking in the negatives, I'll think myself into a hole. The world tells you they're aren't possibilities, but there are. It's about creating them yourself and keeping your eyes open. I might not get a job for the Fall. That is a reality, but I must maintain a sense of hope for the future. If I don't, I will become a sorry mess of a human.


No comments:

Post a Comment