Friday, May 27, 2011

It's a Rash!

I have a final interview on Tuesday with the only school that has given me the time of day since I sent out resumes. It will be a faculty interview with four other members who work for this particular school.


I really want this.


I also really want to trust God with this decision. That is a little tricky. I have a phobia that God hates me. I've never done anything worth being hated for, but it's a childhood fear that continues to manifest itself in my adult life. I perceive God has this giant man siting in the sky waiting to step on me. It's a totally unrealistic fear that should probably be addressed by a therapist or religious life coach. It's very difficult to trust in a being you believe wants to smite you.


That being said, I guess that's why I'm more of a realist than my friends care for; A glass half empty type of person, which is entirely awful since I despise individuals like that. I told myself that I would start memorizing scripture that would repel this type of thinking. Let's see if I can find one...


Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 


Perfect. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment