Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Froken Salander

Happy Tuesday! Well, I'm happy because today is my day off. 


Breakfast Juice: 1 beet, a handful of strawberries, 3 Fuji apples (and half a pint of toffee carmel icecream). Sugar overload.


During the summer season, I try to read as many books as I can get my hands on. I feel that I've slacked a little.


1. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Everyone and their mother read this book last summer. And to my delight, it is as good as people claimed. 


2. Second Glance by Jodi Picoult. Disappointed in this one. The last four books I've read by her I enjoyed, this one not so much.

3. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah E. Harkness. It's like Twilight, but smartly written with well-developed characters and an interesting plot. In essence, what Stephanie Meyer wishes she had written. 


4. Bossy Pants by Tina Fey. Honestly I haven't finished this one. It didn't catch my attention the way I thought it would.


5. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. This is the fourth in a series. Don't bother reading it if you haven't read the first 3.


6. Vegan Freak by Bob and Jenna Torres. I love eating animals: steak, ribs, roasted chickens, ect. However, I'm also curious about the whole Vegan movement that seems so popular in Hollywood and environmental hipsters.

7. House Rules by Jodi Picoult. Excellent read for the summer. I especially loved this story because one of the main characters is a teen with Autism.

8. The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I would suggest reading this before the hits theaters this Fall. For whatever reason, I enjoy novel set around the 1960s.  









No comments:

Post a Comment