Monday, July 18, 2011

True That.

This weekend has been a nice break from all things related to reality. I got to see one of my best friends and ate homemade onion soup. It was superb and I dare say I ate enough to feed a small country. Together we saw part II of the Deathly Hallows. I totally teared up when Dobby died even though I knew it was coming. I probably would have sobbed had I not been in a public setting. Yesterday I went to a Bridal convention with my newly engaged cousin. Then for dinner me and the fam ate at this little place down on the river. Besides the scorching heat, a perfectly perfect time. 


Earlier this weekend, I had an interesting conversation with a friend. It makes me look at what it means to be a true friend. I question some of my friendships and the sincerity of them. It seems like my generation in particular struggles with the ability to develop close, meaningful connections. 


"A friend is someone you can vent to and you know it won't go any further. A friend is someone you can hang out with and never share a cross word. A friend is someone who, with a reasonable explanation, would help you bury a dead body." - My father.



No comments:

Post a Comment