Sunday, April 15, 2012

Strawberry Pie and Reflection

 What a full weekend it's been. Yesterday morning I had a breakfast date with a coworker and in the evening a girl from church called for a sushi date. Both conversations were so much fun and very encouraging. It's been really important to me to make connections in MarriedMecca and both women are uber entertaining. It's also nice that I'm getting past the boring Small Talk that you're obligated to do when making a new friend. I HATE that portion of conversations.You might as well ask someone how their nailbeds are doing or which toothpaste they like. Yawn. 


 Church today was great. I have really enjoyed the pastor's sermons and I actually become sad if I can't make church on a given Sunday. Today's message was about Exodus and not bending the Bible to fit your lifestyle. I don't think I do this (often), but it was insightful and humorous and I thought of a person I wanted to share it with, but I'm worried I'll be accused of hypocrisy. 


 I'm also warring a battle against this damn strawberry pie I'm suppose to be making for a church brunch. I can't stop burning the pie tins! It has the directions ON THE BOX and I've destroyed 2 of them. Who does that??? 




No comments:

Post a Comment