Sunday, February 20, 2011

This is My Life.

I am 22 years old.
I graduated from The University of X in December 2010.
Now what do I do?

I feel my insecurities are not so uncommon.
Why not share them?

I have been graduated for two-ish months. I work minimum wage with spoiled children at Little Monsters Inc (not it's real name). I like my job and very thankful for the opportunity to work.

However, this gig is not a career maker. These two months are quickly going to turn into four, six, ect. Something must be done or I will become a lifer. I do not want my daily ritual to consist of wiping the baby puke from my cardigan or putting together a train set in as many intricate patterns as I can think of to amuse the kiddies.

But What I Really Want to Do is Save the World

I'm young and idealistic and single. Why can't I pack my bags, load a plane, and take off? Ah that's right, I take alternative medicine not commonly found in all areas of Europe, I have $ZZ,ooo in student loans, my mother would sob, ect. *Sigh*
Being a responsible citizen blows.

Marriage is not an Escape Plan at the Moment.

Despite popular belief, not every young lady is looking for a MRS. degree when she goes to university. I was clever. I studied hard and avoided unwanted pregnancies. I graduated with a 3.7 GPA, top marks, and accolades. Guess what?

Nobody cares. I have zero sense of where my life is taking me. I'm very unattached and yet I have pangs of envy over friends getting hitched. Do I want a ring? No. Would it be nice to have something resembling a road map to where my destiny is heading? Yes. Would it be even better if I had a passenger to take with me along for the ride and be there for me when I'm upset? [insert husband here] 
What I really need to do is make a list of what I want to accomplish and go from there. Next entry will be my list.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment