Friday, February 25, 2011

Un-Employment and the Art of being Schooled.

Yesterday, Betina and I went to a job seminar for the jobless. Can we talk about a humbling experience? My mother was unemployed for roughly a year not too long ago. She would talk about her fellow comrades and the mighty rat race that comes with the territory of job seeking. However, I was very schooled by some of the hardships facing others; jobless for years, foreclosuress, sole beadwinnders, alot of fear, no health benefits, dwindling 401ks..ect.

Lesson learned? I am doing GREAT.

Side note: Training for a half marathon when you are a newbie to running sucks. I can't seem to get over the four mile mark. Is it because I'm too chunky? Am I not stretching enough? Am I not eating enough? Maybe I should start weight lifting...   

No comments:

Post a Comment