Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jason, we need more coffee

This weekend I visit my grandparents for my grandmother's 80th birthday. Her four children + one granddaughter (Moi) surprised her at this B&B near their house. Usually family gatherings make me nervous and grouchy because everyone uses yelling and broad hand gestures as a form of communication. However, this event was particularly enjoyable. My aunt and uncle invited me to move to North Carolina to pursue job leads down there. I like this idea. 

Furthermore, my granddad was able to see his children without the loud noises of a restaurant. My granddad used to be a brilliant engineer, essentially you can thank him for inventing the seatbelts in your car. Dementia has whittled away at his brain the last six years and now he can't remember anything from the past or present. Sometimes he looks like his old self and says non-crazy things. I was looking at old photos of him and very much wanted the man in the pictures back.

No comments:

Post a Comment